Hotel Review: Petit Ermitage Los Angeles

November 04, 2014


Petit Ermitage Hotel Poolside
As I settle back into my reality of work and grey skies, I am still on a high after some much needed vitamin D and time out in LA. Being my home away from home after living there for 2 years, I always love going back to visit friends but also because there isn't a place like it.
During this trip, my friend and I decided to stay at the Petit Ermitage, an eccentric hidden boutique hotel in West Hollywood. The thing about LA hotels is that though they can offer utter luxury and glamour, they can also be impersonal, busy and full of the wrong crowd.
As many of the popular hotels are tourist attractions in their own right, I love the fact that Petit Ermitage has a different flair with its classy yet whimsical gypsy theme.

The rooms
Petit Ermitage  los angeles bedroom suite
Our room was a lovely suite which included a king sized bed with Egyptian cotton, pretty kitchenette, fire place, private bathroom and shower and of course free WiFi! The amenities and essentials were great but I also loved the room’s vintage inspired theme with its Venetian plaster walls and original art.

Poolside
Petit Ermitage hotel poolside
One of the main reasons I went on this holiday was to relax and recharge my batteries. LA hotels have some of the best pool sides, but what I loved most about this one was that it was quiet and felt very exclusive. The salt water pool was also a huge thumbs up as I didn't get the chlorine fear of my swimwear changing colour. I also loved the cabana where you could lounge around and look at the city views. I spent a huge amount of time at this pool during my stay and loved it.
Petit Ermitage hotel pool cabana

Petit Ermitage hotel Cabana


Dining- Breakfast
Petit Ermitage butterfly bar

LA has some of the best restaurants in the world in my opinion so we tended to eat out more than dine at the hotel. However, we made it a daily routine to have our breakfast  every morning in the outdoor restaurant. The staff were always friendly and helpful and we would happily sit outside in our robes and enjoy fresh fruit,  juice, bread and muffins. You could either choose to have a continental buffet breakfast or swerve to the odd American temptation consisting of waffles and maple syrup, crispy bacon and butter cream oatmeal. Yes I now have to go on a serious diet.

Service

The service at this hotel was wonderful especially with the management team (thanks Alex). Whether you needed a taxi, restaurant reservations, printing out a document or decaf coffee ( yes in America) they were only happy to oblige.  Part of the reason I enjoyed my stay was the way the staff were so friendly and accommodating.
Petite Ermitage sign

Overall, I really enjoyed my time and I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The only thing I would change is maybe having a shower room or hotel room checked out guests can use.  We had an evening flight so I would have loved to have freshened up and changed in a private room than a toilet. Apart from that I would highly recommend this quirky, unique luxurious and fun boutique hotel. Five stars from me!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Most Popular