Wanted: Gandy's flip flops

August 23, 2014


Summer might soon be ending but I still have my eye on these cute  flip flops I spotted in London last week. If you haven't heard of Gandys flip flops, (Not Gandhi but Gandys 2.0), you've been hiding under a rock because they've been absolutely everywhere from Selfridges, to Topshop and ASOS to Debenhams. This understated but cool brand came from a great concept (using 10% of profits to build children homes and orphanages in Sri Lanka) but is still at the heart of making fashionable easy to wear footwear. The latest collaboration with Liberty London however has to be my favourite yet. Available in six different models, I love the mix of Liberty's heritage signature design with Gandys youthful spirit, inspired by travelling and giving back. My eye is on the Felix and Isabelle pair, (supposedly for men but to me flip flops are unisex) with its weaved navy blue straps and kaleidoscope soles. Think this may need to be on my purchase list next time I'm in town. I do love the fact that it was founded by finding a way to give back and I feel less guilty with making a purchase. 
Gandys was started by brothers Rob and Paul Forkan following the tragic loss of their parents in the 2004 Boxing Day tsunami. They’ve since dedicated their time and energy to make this project work and help support their Orphans for Orphans initiative. I heard Rob speak at a seminar a few weeks back found the story is truly inspiring but loved the fact that fashion and style are still front of mind with such an amazing project. 

The ones I want Felix and Isabelle £30.00 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Most Popular