It's all about the GOOD Denim Shorts!

April 16, 2013


To say that I'm over my winter wardrobe is an understatement and if I have to layer up with scarves and heavy coats any more, I will lose the will to live! 
One thing I can't wait to wear are my lovely new Gap denim shorts I found last weekend.  I was at the McArthurGlen designer outlet in Ashford and though I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything, I couldn't resist these. 
Denim shorts are sometimes overlooked but I think it's really important to find the right pair as they are the ultimate capsule piece for the summer wardrobe. In terms of style, I always go for the flattering boyfriend shape as shorts are quite daring, and unless you're built like a Victoria's Secret model, the skin tight look is not the way to go!
 It is definitely worth investing time ( and sometimes money) in a decent pair, as they will be a complete life saver come summer. I love the fact that you can dress them up by just swapping your converse with a pair of heels and dress them down with a tank top and Panama hat.
They also work all season as you can throw them on for the beach or night out on holiday (great for lighter packing) while layering them up in the spring with a blazer, fitted shirt or light cashmere jumper.
Some might even brave shorts with black tights in the winter but there's really no need for me to be doing that with my ... er winter curves just yet. Celebs like Alexa Chung  and Nicole Richie can pull it off well but you would need to be even more confident to wear denim shorts in winter. 
I really do wish the sun would just stop playing hard to get and just come out already! I need to get good wear out of these fast. 

Summer wardrobe with denim shorts as hero piece

Celebs rocking the shorts ; Halle Berry, Beyonce and Alexa Chung 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Most Popular